M6: Isarithmic Mapping

Confounded by all the rain and it's only my first day in town.

Isarithmic Mapping


Module 6 had us in the state of Washington, which is per Bella Swan "...under a near constant cover of clouds and rain."

Our objectives were to map Washington State's Annual Precipitation in inches using continuous tone symbology and hypsometric tinting with contours to illustrate the elevation. 

The lab was very straightforward and I was pretty excited to learn about the hillshading. Especially from John Nelson - becoming a huge fan of his work. 

Since most of what I know about Washington State's weather comes from Grey's Anatomy and the Twilight Saga - I went with a rounded map frame and captions (can't hear anything without captions these days) for a screen like feel and a light rain gray for a main background.

Washington State's Annual Rainfall





I used ArcPro 3.2.2. The geoprocessing tools I used were Contour List and Int.





The longest commitment of my life is with Grey's Anatomy. While some people scoff at the idea of a TV show being important to one's life- this show has grown with me. It helped me fall in love with medicine and emergency services.  I have friends, that with the natural course of life, have taken different paths, but we can still relate to each other through the TV show we still love. It's had, and sparked, important conversations about life, death, healthcare, and societies most complex problems. Yes it has its cheesy moments, yes sometimes the drama is a bit much, and yes sometimes very unrealistic things occur- but TV is meant to be enjoyed, to provide a small escape from the actual realities of life.






Quote Reference
Dr. Mark Sloan - Season 2 Episode 18

Comments