GIS Job Search

GIS Job Search

This week we in our Internship class we had to perform a GIS Job search.

I started with a Google search, “GIS 911 jobs”, which led to Indeed. 

I started with these broad terms because I was already aware that the technical job names for what I am wanting varies across the nation. As expected, there were various different job titles – 911 GIS Technician, GIS Manager, CAD/E911 GIS System Administrator, 911 GIS Coordinator, etc. 

I went through quite a few of them and they all had about the same requirements. Most were completely dedicated to GIS tasks and a few mentioned working with IT. 

The closest I could find to what I am looking for was for Geographic Systems Administrator for a 911 center in Texas. 

The only requirement across the various job descriptions that I think I would struggle with at the start is SQL Servers, but once I learn the basics and get some hands on experience I think I would be fine. 

Ideally, I would want a role that is dedicated to GIS for 911 and assists with CAD/E911, IT, Dispatch Training, and GIS projects for Public Safety.

Comments