Lab 2: M1.2 Standards

Lab 2: M1.2 Standards

Our 2nd lab in GIS4930 builds off skills we learned in the first lab as it pertains to accuracy. 

Since I've been playing catch up from last week, I was able to review the discussion board before starting the lab and take advantage of the various tips that had been posted (mainly the missing orthros and the excel sheet)

Overall no issues with the lab. I manually labeled the three sets to match each other and since the excel sheet already had the formulas, the data entry and analysis were a breeze.

I split the study area up into 4 quadrants and randomly selected from there. A few points had to be moved due to lack of viable streets. I used Calculate Geometry to get the correct points on each set and then copied and pasted into excel from there. 





Albuquerque City

Positional Accuracy: Tested 18.41 feet horizontal accuracy at 95% confidence level.

 

StreetMap USA

Positional Accuracy: Tested 175.76 feet horizontal accuracy at 95% confidence level.




I passed Security+, so that journey for now has come to an end. Thinking Cloud, Data, or Project for next year though. 

Comments